Yoga to Improve Your Health!

So many people use traditional medicine to treat disease and infections, and so few do things to prevent rather than treat illness of any kind. I've said before that I found Reiki during a time when I wasn't well and needed healing that traditional medicine couldn't provide. Since that time, I've researched different forms of healing and illness prevention, and what I've found is that yoga is an exercise that has many positive effects on one's body and spirit.
It's a known fact that any type of exercise helps your brain release endorphins, which resemble opiates in their abilities to produce a feeling of complete well-being. You don't need to be highly active and in shape to perform yoga poses and the primary benefit of yoga is improving the muscular and motor system of the body. Frequently practicing yoga will help you burn fat and stay in shape.
Did you know that you can help your skin look better, and have better circulation doing yoga? Because there are many upside-down poses in yoga, it's also a method to improve your circulatory system. Blood circulates easier into our lungs, heart, and brain, when we are upside-down. These three organs also happen to be responsible for the well-being of our entire body. So these upside-down poses in yoga will help your circulation as well as circulating more oxygen to your face, to rejuvenate your skin. I've also been blow-drying my hair upside-down since I was young. Who knew I was helping my skin appear younger?
Yoga can also be useful in preventing osteoporosis. In fact, anyone with back or spine problems will benefit from yoga. Most of the asana poses in yoga are about stretching your vertebra which gives new vitality to your entire skeletal system. You may even find that doing yoga will increase your flexibility which the body at its optimum potential.
If you've never done yoga before, check it out, and see if any of these things resonate with you. I know I personally love to do yoga, and for me it's an activity for my mind and body. When you do the poses, you're doing a good thing for your physical body, but also concentrating on your breath and holding the pose, which brings you into a meditation type state for a brief time. At the end of yoga, there is also a period of calming and clearing. This is my experience. If you have an experience with yoga, I'd love to hear about it!
Reiki will help your mind, body, and spirit. Nicole Lawler will show you how. Get her FREE information on how Reiki and other holistic healing methods will benefit you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment